Wednesday, April 19, 2017

1862 Blog- Kaylee Terrell



Oh Love by Misterwives song parody
---
---
---
"Oh South"~ Battle of Antietam


Oh oh oh, oh oh oh
Oh oh oh, oh oh oh

Get yourself up of the floor
Why can't you be antiwar?
That might be the cure
I'm struggling with the Dixie's arise
Tired of all of, of the cries
Might be my last goodbye

And I know that the muskets should be down
We didn't come all this way to let the South

Break apart this country, gotta stay together
And I keep on sayin'

Oh South, why did you go?
Oh South, why did you, why did you go?
Oh South, why did you go?
Oh South, why did you, why did you go?
Cause I need hope that this main attack
Won't make my skull crack
Oh South, why did you go?
Oh South, why did you, why did you
Go oh oh oh, oh oh oh
Go oh oh oh, oh oh oh

Understand that Blacks aren't sinners
And you shouldn't be beaters
And don't tell me that it'll be just fine
The South isn't meant to succeed
Scarier than Dysentery

We're gonna fight by the borderline

And I know that the muskets should be down
We didn't come all this way to let the South
Break apart this country, gotta stay together
And I keep on singin'

Oh South, why did you go?
Oh South, why did you, why did you go?
Oh South, why did you go?
Oh South, why did you, why did you go?
Cause I need hope that this main attack
Won't make my skull crack
Oh South, why did you go?
Oh South, why did you, why did you
Go oh oh oh, oh oh oh
Go oh oh oh, oh oh oh
Go oh oh oh, oh oh oh
Go oh oh oh, oh oh oh

Excuse my pessimistic tone, I normally can do better
But the battle with all these casualties seem harder than ever
The CSA is full of hate, there absolutely is no debate
So this I cry and this I pray, God might let me in through the gate, oh

Oh South, why did you go?
Oh South, why did you, why did you go?
Oh South, why did you go?
Oh South, why did you, why did you go?
Cause I need hope that this main attack
Won't make my skull crack
Oh South, why did you go?
Oh South, why did you, why did you
Go oh oh oh, oh oh oh
Go oh oh oh, oh oh oh



































No comments:

Post a Comment

1865 Blog- Kaylee Terrell

Dear Ma and Pa,             Oh, the loss that this country has suffered today. President Lincoln has been shot! I thank God that I have fal...