Thursday, April 20, 2017

1862 - Jeannette

I May Not Live Another Night (Parody of Story of Tonight from Hamilton)

I may not live to see our glory
There may be no glory at all
But please tell the kids the story
For when I eventually fall

More bullets, another round we fight
More bullets, another round we fight
More bullets, another round we fight

So praise the union's soldiers
and the hope they gave to us all
no matter what, I tell you
Praise the youth, the old, and fight
and remember all is right
I may not live another night

I may not live to see our glory
There may be no glory at all
But please tell the kids the story
For when I eventually fall

So praise the lord's freedom
Our resolve will never shake away
No matter what they tell you
And yet in the midst of war we stay
The majority are dying
I may not live another night

More bullets, another round we fight
More bullets, another round we fight
More bullets, another round we fight

The artillery's blazing
The minie balls are screaming out
The battle's far from over 
Our minds our clouded with the doubt
And tell the kids just how I died
I may not live another night


No comments:

Post a Comment

1865 Blog- Kaylee Terrell

Dear Ma and Pa,             Oh, the loss that this country has suffered today. President Lincoln has been shot! I thank God that I have fal...