Monday, April 10, 2017

1861 Blog - Hanna


Mama,

War is just how I imagined. No one and I mean no one has sympathy towards others. I can't believe people are actually fighting over if it should be right to treat everyone with equality.

There's so many countless things that I wish I could take back from doing while in battle. There was a slave that was being forced to fight for a slaveowner in the south and I had to kill him or else I would be killed. That's probably one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life. Just knowing that I have to go to extremes like that to get justice on my race is unbearable.

I'm just grateful that we got our freedom when we did.

I love you so much mama and I promise when I get back you won't have to clean any more houses no more. We will be happy and free. Free from racism and free from debt. And happiness will rain on our lives forever. I love you and miss you so much. I'll be with you soon.

Love, Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment

1865 Blog- Kaylee Terrell

Dear Ma and Pa,             Oh, the loss that this country has suffered today. President Lincoln has been shot! I thank God that I have fal...