Sunday, April 9, 2017

My Dear Contance (Parody of Dear Theodosia from Hamilton) - Jeannette


My Dear Constance

My Dear Constance, Much to say to you
The war is harsh
we're fighting disease every day

to keep on surviving

In the midst of the carnage I pray

The south isn't something to be taken lightly
We've fought their armies,
and, of course, we've lost
but the stonewalls not budging
We die
So many
Die

People run by me, blood is everywhere
This is war, not some child's game
and I try not to look down at the people we've lost
We've lost

You might see the end of our nation
I'll bleed and fight for you
lay down my life for you
The traitors have split our nation
We'll free the slaves for you
and show them a thing or two
And I'll be okay
and I hear the troops say
We'll be okay
Someday, Someday


Oh, I recall our children playing, having fun
as they run
Look at me now
I think that I've forgotten how

To do the things they do
Oh, children I miss every one of you
I do
I'm in the war, I'm fighting your future
and, naturally, for our eternal father
This war ain't turning around (This war ain't turning around)

I swear I'll come back home
to you

I win and conquer this war

I don't want much more

I'll always be around for you

You might see the end of our nation
I'll bleed and fight for you
lay down my life for you
The traitors have split our nation
We'll free the slaves for you
and show them a thing or two
And I'll be okay
and I hear the troops say
We'll be okay
Someday, Someday

It may take more than ninety days
- General Bruce Stanton

1 comment:

1865 Blog- Kaylee Terrell

Dear Ma and Pa,             Oh, the loss that this country has suffered today. President Lincoln has been shot! I thank God that I have fal...