Tuesday, May 16, 2017

1865 Blog- Kaylee Terrell

Dear Ma and Pa,
            Oh, the loss that this country has suffered today. President Lincoln has been shot! I thank God that I have fallen ill and not tried to attend that play (Ha Ha Ha! Like I have the place and time!), else I would have tried to save him (though I know I would have been  without success). I have been praying that God treats him well, yet we all have the knowledge that he is a great and holy man. He will be treated well and he will sit close to the Lord at the Great Table.
            Ma, the war has been horrible, but I say with great happiness that I feel it's coming to an end quite soon. Your "baby" boy has grown quite a bit and I cannot wait 'till I return to you and Pa. I have missed you both dearly. I can guarantee that I shall never, and I mean NEVER, complain about my simple house chores again.
             (You best not let Ma read past this point) Oh, Pa the things that I've seen! I knew that war would have bloodshed, but men dropping left and right because of disease and illness was something you did not prepare me for. When Grandpa John passed, he warned me that if I were to join the military for war, there would be illness, but the way he described it was nothing like what I witnessed. Please, do help me pray for all the men that have been lost during this great war. I have been sick, with symptoms that have killed men, but thank the Lord I am no longer ill.
            (Ma can read now) Pray for the fallen men, and pray for President Lincoln, may God have mercy on their souls, even the Confederacy. I know the Devil was leading them to do the horrible things they did, 'twas not their fault, but Satan's.


                                                                                                                      With Love,
                                                                                                                                Your Son.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment

1865 Blog- Kaylee Terrell

Dear Ma and Pa,             Oh, the loss that this country has suffered today. President Lincoln has been shot! I thank God that I have fal...