Sunday, May 14, 2017

1865 - Jeannette Tyler

Parody of R.E.M. - Losing My Religion
Oh war, it's bigger
It's bigger
and you, standing near me
and as the battle goes on
the light dims in your eyes
Oh no, I've seen to much
And now it's done

That's me in the battle
That's me in a dreamscape
losing my sanity
Trying to keep up with life
And I don't know if I can do it
Oh no, I've seen to much
Have I done enough

I thought that I heard the screaming
I thought that I saw the blood
I think I thought I lost my mind

Every soldier
of every haunting war
I shut my eyes tighter
Trying to forget the faces
Of all those who's lives god took
Oh no, I've seen to much
And now it's done

Consider this
The war of the century
consider this
The war that tore me
shattered my mind
what if all these memories
Shall naught haunt my dreams
Now is it done?

I thought that I heard the screaming
I thought that I saw the blood
I think I thought I lost my mind

But that was just a dream
Was it just a dream?

That's me in the battle
That's me in a dreamscape
losing my sanity
Trying to keep up with life
And I don't know if I can do it
Oh no, I've seen to much
Have I done enough

I thought that I heard the screaming
I thought that I saw the blood
I think I thought I lost my mind

But it was just a dream, try cry, why, try
It was just a dream, just a dream, just a dream
Dream


-This song was a reference to the PTSD the veterans undoubtedly had. I know it's grim. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1865 Blog- Kaylee Terrell

Dear Ma and Pa,             Oh, the loss that this country has suffered today. President Lincoln has been shot! I thank God that I have fal...