Monday, May 15, 2017

Lee Seelig 1865 Blog

Dear Thomas Ward Senior,
I regret to inform you of the death of President Lincoln. I may not be the first to inform you of this, but I can give you a first hand account for your paper, as I was sitting one row in front of the president himself. We were in Ford’s Theater for the viewing of the play “The American Cousin.”
Some time after the show started, I heard the ear shattering sound of gunshot, something I had hoped to never hear again. What happened after that is a blur in my mind; shock does that to a person. Now, my shock has turned to anger, and I have volunteered to help hunt down his killer, the actor John Wilkes Booth. I will not rest until Lincoln has been avenged! This war is NOT over!
Corporal Thomas Ward Junior

No comments:

Post a Comment

1865 Blog- Kaylee Terrell

Dear Ma and Pa,             Oh, the loss that this country has suffered today. President Lincoln has been shot! I thank God that I have fal...